1. Aerosmith’s “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” was originally written for Celine Dion
2. The song “Like a Virgin” is about a man getting over a breakup
3. “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” is not about an LSD trip. It’s about a painting John Lennon’s son drew for him
4. “Sweet Child of Mine” was written in five minutes
5. Justin Timberlake’s song “Rock Your Body” was written by Pharrell for Michael Jackson’s final album "Invincible"
6. “Angel” by Sarah McLachlan is about heroin addiction
7. “I Love Rock & Roll” is a cover. It was originally by The Arrows, not Joan Jett
8. Bob Marley’s “I Shot The Sheriff” is about birth control. Marley didn’t want his girlfriend to take birth control pills. The doctor who prescribed the pills was the sheriff
9. The song “Toxic” was intended for Kylie Minogue, not Britney Spears
10. Semisonic’s song “Closing Time” is not about closing a bar. It’s about the birth of the lead singer’s daughter.
The original (full) BuzzFeed article; containing a whopping 65 songs is available by clicking here.